Wednesday, February 13, 2019

February 13, 2019 Tic-Tac-Toe


This week over at The House that Stamps Built it is Tic-Tac-Toe which is one of my favorite challenges.  I went with the vertical middle challenge using vellum, embossing and pearls.

I used Valentine as my theme for this challenge as tomorrow is Valentines Day.  I embossed in black on vellum 1201-I Be Mine and 4316-I Flowering Hearts and then colored the Flowering Hearts image on the back with Tombow markers.  I used a couple of fancy die cuts to cut out the image, then attached my vellum image with glue dots, which I covered with pretty pearls. 

Now it is your turn to make a card using the challenge of  Tic-Tac-Toe and  as you can see there are a lot of possibilities for this challenge.  You have a full month to enter our challenge to win.  You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps but if you do you will be entered twice for the drawing of a $25 gift certificate to Repeat Impressions. 

If you look on my right side bar I also have a discounted coupon for you to use when you go shopping at Repeat Impressions.
Now why not take a look at our DT Rock Stars for inspiration and to get you started. 

Cheri    Joy   Donna   Heather   Laurie  and  Esther 



9 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

It's been a while since I did the "stamp on vellum - color on back" technique! I love your take on it and this hot pink beautiful Valentine!

Donna said...

Beautiful Valentines card Shirley, like how you used the vellum and all the lovely layers!

loz said...

Beautiful Valentine's card Shirley..Loz

Laurie Unger said...

What a sweet Valentine card - love your die cut, it adds so much interest to this sweet card.

Cheryl W said...

This is really pretty, Shirley. I like those fancy die-cuts. I love vellum, but attaching it to the card base is always an issue. You managed to do it invisibly (under your pearls!).

joy said...

Pretty way to frame the heart flowers! Cute card.

Cheri said...

Absolutely gorgeous design on this card, Shirley. I love that little stamp and how you framed it. It looks so elegant.

Heather said...

This is so cute! Love those fancy dies!

*Vicki* said...

What a very pretty Valentine card!! I love the pretty and elegant edges along your cut layers!! Beautiful work with the challenge too!! As you can see...I'm a bit behind!! I'll catch up slowly but surely!! So nice to see your makes! HUGS