Wednesday, May 01, 2019

May 1, 2019 DCC - One Layer


This is May 1, where is the year going - the designer choice was mine this month over at The House that Stamps Built and I choose to do a one layer card.  I usually tend to make 2-3 layers on my cards and in all reality you can make a beautiful card with just one layer.  

For my card I chose 9012-M Dandelion Breeze and 3101J Dream,Inspire, Hope   for my sentiment.  

I used distress oxide inks to make my background, adding some clouds in the sky, and then embossed my images in black embossing powder.  

Now it is your turn to make a card or project using One Layer Card  So many possibilities on this challenge.  You have a full month to enter our challenge.  You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps you will have two chances to win a $25 gift certificate towards stamps. ow it is your turn to make a card using the challenge of  Use a Stencil  -  and  as you can see there are a lot of possibilities for this challenge.  You have a full month to enter our challenge to win.  You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps but if you do you will be entered twice for the drawing of a $25 gift certificate to Repeat Impressions. 

If you look on my right side bar I also have a discounted coupon for you to use when you go shopping at Repeat Impressions.
Now why not take a look at our DT Rock Stars for inspiration and to get you started. 
 Joy   Donna   Heather   Laurie  and  Esther 

8 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

I have to admit - the one-layer challenge was a hard one for me! You did a great job with your sponged background - those clouds looks amazing!

Laurie Unger said...

Love your ink blending on this wonderful challenge. Great clouds, they do look amazing.

Cheryl W said...

Your card is beautiful. I love the ink blending! One-layer cards are super hard for me. I really should enter this challenge just to practice. Our company from Germany is here now, however, so not sure I'll be able to find the time.

loz said...

Fantastic card and colours Shirley. Beautiful sentiment stamp..Loz

Darnell said...

This is a really moving scene, Shirley, beautifully blended! The sky is awesome and I love that verse! Hugs, Darnell

Heather said...

Looks like the a bunch of us found this one to be challenging. : ) But your card is really pretty! Love the little scene you created for the dandelions.

*Vicki* said...

You've made a really stunning one layer scene here Shirley! I love the ink blending you've done! One layer cards are something that I tend to struggle with myself! Maybe I need to challenge myself?! :) Thanks for the inspiration! HUGS

Donna said...

What a stunning one layer card, like the ink blending and your clouds are fabulous! Thanks for a great challenge theme.