Wednesday, September 16, 2020

September 16, 2020 - Inspiration Photo Challenge

 Wow can't believe this month is already half over - soon the leaves will be turning their bright hues and we will be getting our jackets out of the closet.  

This week over at The House that Stamps Built our challenge is the photo below:




and here is my take on this challenge:


I used 8402-M which comes complete with the saying.  I enjoyed coloring up this pretty sunflower and love the smiley face in the flower center.  I mounted my sunflower on some pretty sunflower print paper, then mounted that on some blue/cream polka dot.  I had some pretty yellow doilies which I thought might add a bit of fun to this card.  Ready to go in the mail with a package full of sunshine for my chemo buddy.  My package will have all "yellow" goodies, lemon drops, a sunflower tea towel, yellow scrubby, yellow nail polish, and some "lemongrass" bar soap.  I love to put speciality  themed packages together for my chemo buddies.  Hoping it will bring a bit of sunshine to her day.  

   Now it is your turn to make a card or project using the challenge of hoto Inspiration So many possibilities on this challenge.  You have a full month to enter our challenge.  You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps you will have two chances to win a $25 gift certificate towards stamps. Now it is your turn to make a card using the challenge of  Photo Inspiration, you can see there are a lot of possibilities for this challenge.  You have a full month to enter our challenge to win.  You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps but if you do you will be entered twice for the drawing of a $25 gift certificate to Repeat Impressions. 

If you look on my right side bar I also have a discounted coupon for you to use when you go shopping at Repeat Impressions.
Now why not take a look at our DT Rock Stars for inspiration

 Joy   Donna   Heather   Laurie  and Pat 


7 comments:

Donna said...

Such a darling card for your chemo buddy, like the sunflower patterned layer behind the image!

*Vicki* said...

Your background papers are gorgeous and goes perfectly with that adorable smiling sunflower here Shirley! Such a beautiful card layout! HUGS

Patti J said...

This is adorable - love the doily peeking out of your layers! My mom used to sing the sunshine song to me as she would brush the tangles out of my uber-long hair. Thanks for the memories!!!

Cheryl W said...

That sunflower is so cute. It just makes me smile. We saw some sunflower fields ready for harvesting on our little camping trip up north. They are amazing flowers--especially when there's an entire field of them! Your package of yellow sunshine for your chemo buddy sounds just awesome. I'd say you have a lot of sunshine that radiates from your own heart, Shirley.

loz said...

Gorgeous bright card Shirley..Loz

Laurie Unger said...

This should put a smile on your chemo buddies face! What a lovely take on the inspiration photo. It's such a happy card!

Heather said...

Mmm . . yep, I wore my winter vest and scarf to my daughter's Flag Football game tonight--Fall is definitely coming! Your card is super cute! Love the color combo and the yellow doily!