Wednesday, September 02, 2020

September 2, 2020 Designer Choice Challenge at The House that Stamps Built

 This week over at  The House that Stamps Built our Rock Star Donna T. challenged us to make something using recycled item.  

We have a cute little specialty shop in our bank called The Wise Grounds.  Well I love their lattes - especially their Almond Joy - coconut, chocolate, and hazelnut.  I used the sleeve from the cup holder to create a gift card holder with a gift card from The Wise Owl.  

I cut the sleeve down a bit and then used 2613-H Baby Owl  and fussy cut it out.  I stamped the background with 9319-C Coffee Bean .  On the inside I had a slot for the gift card.  I used 9303 -P Thanks a Latte and made my gift card a Thank you card.  These gift card holders are very easy to make (good during the holidays) and I always try and keep Starbucks and Wise Owl gift cards in my stash.  

This was a great challenge so why not go see what the other designers created.  

   Now it is your turn to make a card or project using the challenge of "Use a Recycled Item" So many possibilities on this challenge.  You have a full month to enter our challenge.  You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps you will have two chances to win a $25 gift certificate towards stamps. Now it is your turn to make a card using the challenge of  Use a recycled item.   you can see there are a lot of possibilities for this challenge.  You have a full month to enter our challenge to win.  You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps but if you do you will be entered twice for the drawing of a $25 gift certificate to Repeat Impressions. 


If you look on my right side bar I also have a discounted coupon for you to use when you go shopping at Repeat Impressions.
Now why not take a look at our DT Rock Stars for inspiration

 Joy   Donna   Heather   Laurie and Pat 

7 comments:

Donna said...

Fabulous card and idea Shirley! We'll all be saving our coffee sleeves!

*Vicki* said...

Ok Shirley, that is so clever to recycle the coffee sleeve! I just love that along with your wonderful gift card holder inside! Thanks for the fabulous inspiration! HUGS

loz said...

Fantastic recycled card Shirley..Loz

Heather said...

My guess was that it was a recycled coffee sleeve. Adorable little gift card holder; the sweet baby owl goes with the sleeve perfectly!

Cheryl W said...

You're so creative! Your gift card holder turned out great. I love the name of the shop. We have a coffee shop near us called "Sovereign Grounds." I love that name, too.

Laurie Unger said...

Awesome upcycle of the coffee sleeve. Very clever. You really nailed this DCC.

Patti J said...

Love it! What a wonderful idea! I would never have thought about using the coffee sleeve. You rocked this one!