Tuesday, October 13, 2020

October 13, 2020 Merry Christmas and Candy Cane

 Good morning! Another beautiful fall morning, one of these mornings we will wake up to snow!!!


 

I am up on Techniques Junkies Blog to show you a couple more beautiful cards I made using stamps from the new October 2020 release.  My first card: uses the new Dotted Merry Christmas, love the font as well as the dots between the letters I used Santa in the Monlight  which stirs up memories of waiting for Santa as a child.  I went through my stamps and saw Good Night which I thought added to the card.   I always make my sons Christmas cards so this is the one he has chosen for me to make him this year.   I started by sponging a yellow "moon" on my blank card - then using my Misti I place my Santa in the Moonlight so that the reindeer would be in the moon.  I love to use silhouette stamps - no coloring and they stand alone.   I have a friend who has a sizzix die which I really like, of a city sky line so I die cut several of those to have on hand.  

For my next card 


I used Candy Cane and Merry Christmas .  I embossed he candy cane and sentiment using some red tinsel embossing powder - love the sparkle it added.  I fussy cut the candy cane out and popped it up on a die cut doily as well as a red doily I had in my stash. I ran my white layer with a snow embossing folder through my cuttlebug, left the script just plain white with red tinsel embossing powder .  I had some card stock in my never ending stash that was perfect for this candy cane image.  Hope you have enjoyed.

Don't forget to use the 10% discount (seen below) by entering TJ10Shirley so you can add these to your Christmas collection.  



                                            



 

5 comments:

loz said...

Gorgeous cards Shirley. LOVE the 1st one..Loz

Darnell said...

Two beauties, Shirley! I love your classic Christmas scene with Santa on his sleigh against a full moon backdrop with the city below and, wow, your second design looks good enough to eat! I don't know why, but the candy canes look like they are on top of the most delicious looking frosted cookie!! Keep well! Hugs, Darnell

*Vicki* said...

Both of your cards are stunning here Shirley! Love that fun night sky with Santa and the moon and your candy cane card is so pretty with the textures and falling snow background! Nicely done!

Donna said...

Two gorgeous cards Shirley! I'll be looking forward to my card from Allen!

Cheryl W said...

Both your cards are wonderful. I especially love the first one with the cityscape. I remember waiting for Santa as a little girl, too. Christmas Eve was always so exciting!!