Wednesday, October 21, 2020

October 21, 2020 Photo Inspiration

Our challenge this week over at The House that Stamps Built,  is photo inspiration, a challenge that I simply used to dread, but not so much anymore.   Here is the photo from which we were to get our inspiration"

And here is my card:

I like to keep a couple of sympathy cards on hand - as when you are in a push to make them it just seems like a daunting task.  For this card I choose to use

I sponged on my distress oxide colors first - in colors to match the photo inspiration.  I stamped some 4522-G Calm Water to make some quiet ripples in the water.  I then stamped my focal image and then decided I wanted 3412-C Gulls in the left side.  and my sentiment on the right side.  I think this scene protraits a scene of peace crossing.

    Now it is your turn to make a card or project using the challenge of Photo Inspiration So many possibilities on this challenge.  You have a full month to enter our challenge.  You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps you will have two chances to win a $25 gift certificate towards stamps. 

If you look on my right side bar I also have a discounted coupon for you to use when you go shopping at Repeat Impressions.
Now why not take a look at our DT Rock Stars for inspiration

 Joy   Donna   Heather   Laurie     and Pat  


7 comments:

Donna said...

What a stunning card, beautiful scene and like the reflection of the sun on the lake and the ripples! We were thinking alike!

Laurie Unger said...

Lovely blending of the oxide ink colors to match the photo. This turned out beautifully!

Cheryl W said...

Your card is just beautiful. I think the image and the colors work perfectly for a sympathy card. I need to make a few for my stash, too. I've just been too busy making Halloween cards.

Patti J said...

This was hard for me, but you rocked it!!! Beautiful card, Shirley - love the blending - sheer perfection!

Heather said...

Beautiful!! You captured both the beauty of the inspiration photo and the softness of a sympathy card! Great job!

loz said...

Your sympathy card is so beautiful and serene Shirley..Loz

*Vicki* said...

Wow! I so love this design and the clever way you've ink blended the scene here to fit with the challenge! I couldn't agree with you more about having these on hand and may bookmark your idea here for the inspiration! Thank you my friend! HUGS