Monday, January 11, 2021

POTW Double Point Card

 This week, over at The House that Stamps Built, it is my turn for POTW - I had a couple of things in mind - and finally decided on Double Point Card.  

I have seen this all over Pinterest but never took the time to try and make one.  Little did I know it was going to be so easy.  Warning: lots of pictures.  

Let's gather our supplies:

I choose to do a Valentine card as that is our next "card sending" holiday and Repeat Impressions has some really cute images.  I used 4316-I Flowering Hearts and on the inside I used 9707-B Love U Candy Heart.

I stamped my main image on watercolor paper and colored with Derwent watercolor pencils and then used a light blue wash around the image.


For the card you will need two pieces of cardstock for your base and then two pieces of designer paper cut at 4 in. x 3 in. scored on the 4 inch side at 1 inch.  If you have a pattern paper make sure you imagine the finished card - and make sure that they will be opposite (you will see this in the next couple of pictures.)


Cut your focal image and your layering image using a shaped die.

After you have scored on the one inch mark  fold each one of the sides (3 inch sides) into the center and  meeting the score line on the bottom and the folded triangles meeting in the middle. Looking at the picture really explains what it will look like when folded.   Makes sure the triangles don't overlap as it will cause too much bulk. I used a bit of tape runner to hold the triangles down. 


  
Glue or tape along the inch fold line and glue to the back of the inside layering piece as noted in the picture.  In this picture I think you can see what I was talking about when I referred to the direction of the designer print.   Make sure your pattern direction is eye appealing - (the top pattern down and the bottom pattern up) and glue or tape your focal image just on the top point. ( I then used Velcro Mini fasteners 3/8 in. dots as seen below, they are available at Amazon, WalMart, Michaels and I think I got mine at Hobby Lobby. ) The velcro dots hold the top focal image in  place.  You could also use small magnets.




 Above is finished card.  I also did a masculine card (below) again water coloring images 2704-H sailboat and sentiment 3918-F Wind in my sails 



 

  
Hope you give this a try - it is a special fun fold that has a lot of opportunities.  


 




3 comments:

loz said...

Fantastic tutorial and cards Shirley. I Love the men's card..Loz

Donna said...

What a fun fold and striking cards. Look forward to doing this when its safe to get together for a stamping day!

Cheryl W said...

Neat design idea! I love a good fun fold. They add so much interest and keep the recipient guessing how you did it.