Monday, August 02, 2021

POTW Childs Birthday Card

 My turn  on The House that Stamps Built for the project for this week.  My dear granddaughter loves handmade cards so for her birthday I made her twenty assorted cards, with envelopes and stamps.  She said that was her favorite gift.  Well a couple of weeks ago we went to great grandsons 3rd birthday party.  So dear grand daughter requested more cards - this time kids birthday cards.  From the number of kids (ages 1 to 14) that were there I need to make about 30.  So I started with this one.  

My dear friend and I had been shopping a couple of weeks ago at a new stamping store in quaint St. Charles, MO. Main street.  When I saw the ice cream paper I knew it was coming home with me.  So lets gather supplies.


The base of the card is 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 - just a single layer, then I cut the designer paper 5 1/4 by 4.  I used an old standby die set that I have had for a really  long time.  I used 4 different sizes of this die.  

This layer was cut on folded cardstock so the card could be opened.  Place the die just beyond the fold before you cut.  Next I cut out the top 2 pieces - these are just single layer.


I then stamped and fussy cut 9008-N Cool Treats.  It is 3 cool ice cream images on one stamp but I cut it apart and use them individually or I can place them back together and stamp all three.  This is the beauty of rubber stamps - a lot of them can be altered to fit your need.  I only used the ice cream cone.  I stamped the image on white and then just the cone on a pattern paper.  

 I fussy cut the image from white and colored the ice cream in pinks with copic markers, then I cut just the waffle cone and paper pieced it on the cone portion of the image.  



I popped the cone up on pop dots and place a bit of bling on top of the ice cream.  As this is going to be a birthday card I stamped 8606-E Happy Birthday on pattern paper and used the smallest die in the set to cut it out and pop it up on pop dots.  

Here is how the card opens and the saying on the inside. I used 9313-D Sweet


I plan on working later this week on more birthday cards for her collection - we have some really great stamps to use for kids birthday.  Come join me in the future to see what else I come up with for kids birthday.  

If you have kids birthday cards to make look through your Repeat Impressions Stamps - what a nice selection.  

 


 

5 comments:

Donna said...

Fabulous kids card Shirley! great design!

Cheryl W said...

Very cool card! I love ice cream cone cards. I just made two of them myself!! They will be donated to the thrift store. I had a thought: you could also use "You're so cool!" as a sentiment on the inside. I used to make kids' birthday cards for my daughter to use, too. She loved having them on hand when her kids were younger.

*Vicki* said...

Wow! The requests keep coming for your cards and I can see why Shirley! ;) This is such a cute design and perfect for a child's birthday too! Love the fun fold you've done with the die too!! Thanks for the inspiration!! Also appreciate your kind comment...you're so sweet and I agree with you about the classes! you guys must have such fun and wish I could be there too to join in the fun!! Sending big hugs

loz said...

Fantastic cards Shirley...love the icecream die..loz

Diane said...

Great card Shirley! I think the ice cream and paper are great for a kids birthday card. How fun!