Thursday, May 04, 2017

May 4, 2017 - Rain


This is Totally CASE'd from Frenchie Stamps and her video Here - now I follow Frenchie - and love her tutorials - she give such great detailed directions but doesn't drag the video out.  Plus love her accent.  So when I saw her video on "rain" and SU Grunge set (which I have and which I use a lot) I decided to get out some supplies of my own and improvise.  I had an umbrella die - stamped some tiny dragonflies in white pigment ink on the black umbrella.  I used distress inks to do my base and sky. Then the fun begins - I used the grunge set to stamp some puddles under the umbrella - then used the lines from the Grunge set to stamp the rain.  I tried a couple different colors to stamp my rain and finally used a Memento gray.  Then I added some raindrops with my diamond glaze ink and fine point bottle.  The sentiment is from AMuse studio and very fitting for the last week we have had here in southern Mo.  I'm thinking I'm going to send it to a friend who has been baling water out of their basement the last few days.  Enjoy.

6 comments:

Diane said...

Love this card! Would not have thought to use the grunge set that way. Love the umbrella. Feel like a duck yet?!

Donna said...

This is just stunning, I've been wanting to try this and didn't realize I could use the grunge set (which I have) we need a get together soon and add this one to the list!

Pam Sparks said...

Very cool Shirley! So many fun techniques to make this delightful card to make us feel better about all this rain! :D TFS!

Cheryl W said...

I follow Frenchie, too, and really enjoy her videos. You've really captured the rain affect with your stamp. Your card looks amazing!

loz said...

Stunning card Shirley..Loz

Laurie Unger said...

Love this - off to watch the video.