Wednesday, May 16, 2018

May 16, 2016 Inspiration Photo


Today over at The House that Stamps Built  is "Inspiration Photo" challenge day and sometimes I just click with what to do and other days I simply draw a blank, well this was one that I simply didn't know what to do.  So our of my comfort zone I had to step.  I made a tag - and I made it a bit artsy - at least for me - I used one of my favorite stamps 9001-L large butterfly - and did a bit of foiling - IRL you can see the shimmer of the foil but it just didn't pick up for the photo.  I used the sentiment 6521-B Have Faith because to me butterflies just give me peace and faith.  I stenciled the background using a stencil and oxide inks, added a few bling - and a bit of ribbon, twine and a mini clothes pin at the top. 

 Now it is your turn to make a card using the challenge of  our Photo Inspiration - as you can see there are a lot of possibilities for this challenge.  You have a full month to enter our challenge to win.  You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps but if you do you will be entered twice for the drawing of a $25 gift certificate to Repeat Impressions. 

If you look on my right side bar I also have a discounted coupon for you to use when you go shopping at Repeat Impressions.
Now why not take a look at our DT Rock Stars for inspiration and to get you started. 

Cheri    Joy   Donna   Heather   Laurie  and  Esther 

13 comments:

joy said...

I love tags and this one is beautiful!

Diane said...

Beautiful card! I love that color palette, and the butterflies are gorgeous. We can all always use a reminder to have faith.

Cheri said...

Absolutely stunning, Shirley!!! Butterfiles say "faith" to me too, Shirley. This tag was beautifully designed.

Esther Asbury said...

What a gorgeous tag you created with the inspiration board colors! I love your butterflies and that tiny clothes pin!

loz said...

Your Tag is Beautiful Shirley and the colours are perfect..Loz

Cheryl W said...

Really pretty tag, Shirley. I think I can just see the glimmer of the foil when I enlarge the photo. Love it!

Darnell said...

You might have been stumped at first, Shirley, but you rose to the challenge big time with this stunning tag! The colors are perfect and blended beautifully using that pretty stencil! I love all your sweet design elements!! Hugs, Darnell

Laurie Unger said...

Love this. That stencil looks good with the butterflies. Awesome job with the challenge.

Heather said...

So pretty!! Stepping out of your comfort zone created a really fabulous tag!

Patti J said...

Awww....you need to step our of your comfort zone more often...this is gorgeous! Well done, as always!

loz said...

Hi Shirley. I hope your shoulder surgery goes well today ( or maybe it is tomorrow over there) and everything is OK..Hopefully you will be back to making cards quickly...Hugs Loz

Darnell said...

Hi Shirley, You're a "no reply blogger" so I couldn't click on your comment to me to email you personally, so I'm popping back here to wish you all the very best for a successful surgery and a smooth recovery! Hugs, Darnell

Donna said...

This is just gorgeous, beautiful stenciled background and I always like butterflies, cure sequins too.