Sunday, May 27, 2018

May 28, 2018 Pick of the Week


This week another designer and I switched weeks so I have two pick of the weeks this month.  I choose to do a technique called Partial Stenciling.  Below you will see the supplies you will need:


 Stamps of your choice, die cut shape of your choice, sponge dauber and ink in your choice of color, a stencil, a layering piece of card stock and either painters tape or an easily removable tape to hold your stencil in place.

For  my first card I went with a floral stencil and stamp 10314-H Daisy Solid Lg.  and 10313-H Daisy Outline large and for my sentiment I used 1808-E Just Because



I die cut my circle and using re-positionable tape I taped my circle in the lower left corner (over the edge) of my layering card stock.  Using painters tape position your stencil (floral) over your card stock.  Using a sponge dauber or tool of your choice such as a sponge applicator, sponge your stencil onto the card stock.  Remove your stencil and circle die cut and complete your card in the white space.  


I used one of the singles from our Flower Power collection  - stamping the solid image in a yellow and the outline in black.  I used some Nuvo drops in the center of the flowers just for a little extra interest.  I stamped the sentiment and popped it up on a layered "flag" and put it above the focal image.  

Well I decided to do another one since I had all my supplies out and for this one I used 5226-I Cat Sitting Sil. and sentiment 9717-C A Happy Hello.  I had this fun cat stencil so it went very well with the cat focal point.  For this one I choose to put my image in the center of the card.  
And finished card:

The ideas just kept coming - so look for them on my upcoming "Anything Goes" Challenge.   

3 comments:

Donna said...

What a fantastic idea and beautiful cards, can't wait to try this!

Patti J said...

Very nice tutorial, dear friend! Love this technique...was just thinking of trying it - now I really want to! Thanks for the great inspiration!

loz said...

Two beautiful cards and technique Shirley. I Love the cat card..Loz