Wednesday, May 23, 2018

May 23, 2018 Anything Goes


This week over at The House that Stamps Built our challenge is Anything Goes and sometimes that is easy and then sometimes I really have to think about what image I am going to use.   I used 102-F Dragonfly and 4401-O Dragonfly large and the sentiment 9717-C A Happy Hello.

I used a technique that is allover the internet - called black ice.  'mnot sure if I have perfected this technique "yet" but do like the end result.  I used a pieceof cooper card stock and the dragonflies for my focal images.  I mounted my focal image on some specialty gold paper I have had in in my stash for a really really long time.  Added some enamel dots and the card was complete.  I amanxious to try this technique again real soon. 

Now it is your turn to make a card using the challenge of  Anything Goes  as you can see there are a lot of possibilities for this challenge.  You have a full month to enter our challenge to win.  You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps but if you do you will be entered twice for the drawing of a $25 gift certificate to Repeat Impressions. 

If you look on my right side bar I also have a discounted coupon for you to use when you go shopping at Repeat Impressions.
Now why not take a look at our DT Rock Stars for inspiration and to get you started. 

Cheri    Joy   Donna   Heather   Laurie  and  Esther 

7 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Love how you paired the large dragonfly with the small ones! I've never heard of the "black ice" technique, but you can be sure I'll look it up after seeing your lovely card!

Donna said...

Fabulous card, like the black ice technique, and your fun layers!

Cheryl W said...

I've heard about the technique you used, but I've yet to try it. Your first try turned out great!

loz said...

Yor vcard and Dragonfly are Stinning Shieley. I have never heard of Black Ice technique.. Another thing I will have to google..Loz

Laurie Unger said...

Great technique and this an awesome masculine card.

joy said...

Wow! I’m not familiar with this technique and your card has inspired me to try it. Such an elegant looking card!

Heather said...

Hi, Shirley! I hope all went well with your surgery and you are now on the mend! Very cool card. I've tried this technique (only once) and I have to say I think your attempt turned out much better than mine. It looks really great on the copper paper.