Wednesday, September 04, 2019

September 4, 2019 Designer Choice Starts with a B


Is it really September???  The kids are back in school, leaves are just starting to fall depending on the type of tree, the air is just a bit cooler.  What a good time to take a hike so put on your Boots and grab your Binoculars, maybe a light jacket and lets go.  Heather picked "Starts with B" for our designer choice this month.

For my boots I used right and left boot prints 2720-G Left and 2721-G Right Boot prints and 2919-I Binoculars  and for my sentiment  6524-C Just Imagine 
I did something I had not done is a really long time and that was to stamp with bleach for my boot prints, I am surprised with the yellowish tones I got but it worked well with my layer of DP.  I stamped the sentiment and binoculars on a hexagon shape die cut to fill up the two corners.  I am happy with the way it turned out.  And I am also happy that both images start with B.

 Now it is your turn to make a card or project using the challenge of Starts with B.   So many possibilities on this challenge.  You have a full month to enter our challenge.  You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps you will have two chances to win a $25 gift certificate towards stamps. ow it is your turn to make a card using the challenge of  Use a Stencil  -  and  as you can see there are a lot of possibilities for this challenge.  You have a full month to enter our challenge to win.  You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps but if you do you will be entered twice for the drawing of a $25 gift certificate to Repeat Impressions. 

If you look on my right side bar I also have a discounted coupon for you to use when you go shopping at Repeat Impressions.
Now why not take a look at our DT Rock Stars for inspiration and to get you started. 
 Joy   Donna   Heather   Laurie    Esther  and Patti. 

w it is your turn to make a card or project using the challenge of Tioe   So many possibilities on this challenge.  You have a full month to enter our challenge.  You do not have to use

8 comments:

Donna said...

Great idea for "B", Steve would like this one, right up our alley with hiking!

*Vicki* said...

Your bleached stamped boot prints look amazing over your brown cardstock Shirley! I love the colors for Fall and your fun accessories to go with it too! I'm ready to go with you! Fresh air sounds wonderful to me! :) HUGS

Laurie Unger said...

Wonderful use of the "B" on your card. I love how we all used something different with this fun challenge!

Esther Asbury said...

I love those bleached boot prints -- I think I tried that technique years ago, but had totally forgotten about it! Super cool card!

Patti J said...

Well, aren't you the clever one? I didn't think of boots until you mentioned them! Yay!!! Love your card! It's fun that there were so many variations on the letter B!!! Great job, as always!

loz said...

Fantastic card and stamps Shirley...Loz

Heather said...

Boots, binoculars, bleach and brown! You go, girl! This is such a great masculine card, specially for an outdoorsy guy!

Cheryl W said...

I love the way those boot prints turned out, given you stamped them with bleach. I haven't used bleach to make a card in a very long time. Thanks so much for the inspiration!