Tuesday, June 25, 2013

June 25, 2013 Patchwork Star

Doodle Pantry Patchwork Star, Spellbinder circles, brad stars from my stash, HeroArts banner die and stamp set, Palette Ink

Now that I have had both L and R cataracts removed and a corneal abrasion on the L eye returning to normal I am back in my "craft cave " creating again.  The MoJo has been slow to return but working on it.  Using a great Doodle Pantry image Patchwork Star on this card which will be sent to one of my chemo patients for 4th of July.  I had bought the Hero Art banner and stamp set about a month ago and just not used it but I think it worked really well for this layout.  It also has 2 more stamps in the set.  Wednesday one of my besties Patti and I are going to St. Louis Chesterfield Mall (Archivers, Bath Body, Soma) to do some shopping after we both get our hair cut and styled.  I so need a girls day out - has been a rough month so things can get nothing but better.
     CHALLENGES:
        Creative Impression Paint - Red, white and Blue
        Simply Create Too - Flag colors
        The Stamping Chef - Stars and Stripes
         A Simple Five  Anything Goes
        Make it Monday  Anything Goes  

15 comments:

carol said...

ooh fab bunting detail..wonderful card, saw your creation on MIM, x carol c

Faye said...

Gorgeous card and image.. Visiting from MIM. Faye

kReN said...

Love the bunting and your colors. Love stars! I saw you on MIM and had to come and take a better look. TFS!


kren@
http://afourthlife.blogspot.com

loz said...

Beautiful card and colors. I saw this on MIM..Loz

Esperite said...

Gorgeous card, love the banners, enjoy your girls day out, sounds like you deserve a lovely treat! Thanks for joining us at Simply Create Too for our colours if your flag challenge xxx

Monika Reeck said...

Great Image, cute little star....nice color combo...beautifully done...Shirley

I see your card on MIM if you like to see my card it is number 82...wish you have a great day..hugs, Monika

Elena V. said...

It's so cute! I saw it on Make it Monday.

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Every bit is fabulous! I so especially love your patchwork star. All these patriotic cards is really getting me in the celebrating spirit.

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love this with the bunting - really looks like the 4th of July is coming

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Love how you used these colors, you should enter in the Loves Rubberstamps challenge as well, red, white and blue!!!

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Your card is so pretty--love the star!

Thank you for joining us at Simply Create Too for our 40th Challenge "Use the Colors in Your Country's Flag". Hope you enter our upcoming challenges too.


Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot

Unknown said...

Looks to me like you got your mojo back. I'm so happy your surgeries are done! Love the look of this card...those banners look fabulous!

Dawn Frost said...

Great card Shirley I know your chemo friend will love it!

Donna said...

Great card, like the star and the banners!

Jackie Randolph said...

WOW!! Gorgeous!! Thank you for sharing with us for our Stars N Stripes Challenge at The Stamping Chef Challenge!

Jackie - TSC DT