Wednesday, January 15, 2020

January 15, 2020 Photo Inspiration


This weeks challenge is the photo inspiration - and I immediately thought of rosettes - (which I had not done is a really long while). I choose some papers that I thought matched the colors in the photo inspiration - then made 3 rosettes.  I then used 10318-D Leaf Solid Large and 10322-H Stem Solid making each rosette flower a stem and leaves.  Needed some grass so used my grass punch for the grass border.  For my sentiment 6526-E Simple Pleasures.
I enjoy making calendars in January for my daughter, chemo buddy, and one for self. I had picked up the calendars back in June (and yes I remember where I put them).  So I made an easel card and used the calendar for my stop.  This one is in the mail already to my chemo buddy, and I have the rosettes made for mine and dear daughter.

Challenges:
http://craftysentiments.blogspot.com/ Anything Goes
Crafty Hazels Pattern Paper - use pattern paper
As you Like It - anything Goes
Penny's Challenge - Anything Goes

Now it is your turn to make a card or project using the challenge of hoto Inspiration So many possibilities on this challenge.  You have a full month to enter our challenge.  You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps you will have two chances to win a $25 gift certificate towards stamps. Now it is your turn to make a card using the challenge of  Photo Inspiration, you can see there are a lot of possibilities for this challenge.  You have a full month to enter our challenge to win.  You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps but if you do you will be entered twice for the drawing of a $25 gift certificate to Repeat Impressions. 

If you look on my right side bar I also have a discounted coupon for you to use when you go shopping at Repeat Impressions.
Now why not take a look at our DT Rock Stars for inspiration

 Joy   Donna   Heather   Laurie    Esther  and Patti.

15 comments:

loz said...

WOW!! Your rosettes are Stunning Shirley. Fabulous calendar easel card..Loz

Esther Asbury said...

Yep - you're right - "great minds think alike!" (smile!)
I love your pretty multi-colored accordion fold flowers and those sweet little pom poms in the middle. This is such a cheerful card!!

Laurie Unger said...

OMG - this is FABULOUS! You knocked this IP right out of the park!

Heather said...

This is so fun!! Your rosettes are perfect and I love how you turned them into flowers! Great idea for the calendar as well, and congrats on remembering where you stashed them! Thank you for all your sweet comments on my cards this week.

Cheryl W said...

What a neat idea! Your easel calendar is awesome, and I'm sure your chemo buddy and daughter will love theirs. Those rosettes really add lots of color and dimension.

aussie aNNie said...

Hi Shirley, found you on Loz/s blog and coming over to say hello... Love your rosettes and I am happy to do a blog header for you, I will add a contact gadget for you to email me...aNNie

*Vicki* said...

Shirley, your calendar is adorable! Really love the rosettes you've created for it as well! I really need to make a few of these this month as well! They would be perfect little gifts to give out for sure! :)

Carol L said...

The rosettes look so pretty and what a creative way to include all the colors of the challenge! Nice Job! *BTW, as per your comment on my card, I don't like mice in real life either - only on cards* LOL

Donna said...

What a fabulous easel calendar, your rosette's are stunning!

Patti J said...

Another fabulous card, dear friend! Beautifully done! Love the rosettes!

brenda said...

Great thinking outside the box to create the pretty flowers, thanks so much for sharing and joining in with our 'Say it with Flowers' theme at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Linby said...

A great idea and lovely colourful flowers. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.
Lynn x
DT

Rae Ann said...

This is such a great colorful paper for rosette flowers. They have great dimension and fit the inspiration photo perfectly.

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs for our Anything Goes challenge.

Maria Valente said...

Beautiful project, great design and colors! Thank you for joining us at Penny's Challenges,hope to see you again!
Grafty hugs

Helen said...

A great card - thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.

Helen x