Monday, January 27, 2020

January 27, 2020 Sea Turtle


I recently received a new assignment  with Chemo Angels, a young boy.  Well in going through my stacks of cards I had NO boy cards so I was scrambling to make a few boy cards this past weekend.  I have been a Chemo Angel for at least 15 years and usually am assigned adults but I have a little boy that is receiving chemo and radiation.

I "cased" my card from my dear friend Donna  last post.  I used different sea turtle stamp - one that I bought a couple of years ago at the Stamp and Scrap convention held in Collinsville IL. every summer.  I am really trying to meet a goal set January 1 to "use" some of my NBUS!!!  This stamp set came with die cuts  and I added a few die cuts of sea plants etc. that I have in my die collection.

I sent the second card to him last week with a pack of stickers so besides making some boy cards I had to go shopping and get a few boy goodies to include in his weekly mail.  I'm trying to coordinate the card with the little giftie -not always possible.  I had a lot of fun shopping last week for this little guy.

5 comments:

Donna said...

Fabulous card Shirley, so glad my card gave you an idea! We'll have to make masculine cards at our next get together!

loz said...

Two fabulous cards for a young boy Shirley. he will be thrilled to receive these..Loz

Cheryl W said...

I love reading about the kindnesses you give to others as a chemo angel. You are making a real difference in so many people's lives. Thank you for that! These turtle cards are awesome. I think any little boy would love them. He will probably dream about swimming with the sea turtles after receiving your cards.

*Vicki* said...

What perfect cards for your chemo angel project Shirley! The sea turtle is a great one to have on hand for many different ocassions! I'm sure he'll be thrilled to receive these!! :)

Patti J said...

This is so sweet! I’m sure your little guy will love getting it. Knowing you, there was a nice care package! Thanks for sharing!