Wednesday, January 29, 2020

January 29, 2020 Sketch Challenge


This week over at The House that Stamps Built our sketch challenge is above.  
One of my new years goal is to use stamps that I have not used before NBUS is the abbreviation in the stamping world.  I love this tiger and when I see tiger I think of Masculine - so using 6615-L Tiger I stamped him on a piece of heavier vellum - I choose not to color him and just went with more of a monotone creation.  For my sentiment I used 1105-E Thinking of You again on vellum.  
I dug through a box of "special" papers that I have had for YEARS - and found three designs that I thought worked for this image.  A couple of brown enamel dots and the card is ready to go out the door.  

Challenges:
     Get Your Animal Stamps Inky  -  Animal
     Little Red Wagon - Aw Man
     Pattie's Creation - Anything Goes
     Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes
     Crafty Friends - Anything Goes


Now it is your turn to make a card or project using the challenge of Sketch Challenge So many possibilities on this challenge.  You have a full month to enter our challenge.  You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps you will have two chances to win a $25 gift certificate towards stamps. Now it is your turn to make a card using the challenge of Sketch Challenge-  and  as you can see there are a lot of possibilities for this challenge.  You have a full month to enter our challenge to win.  You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps but if you do you will be entered twice for the drawing of a $25 gift certificate to Repeat Impressions. 

If you look on my right side bar I also have a discounted coupon for you to use when you go shopping at Repeat Impressions.
Now why not take a look at our DT Rock Stars for inspiration and to get you started. 
 Joy   Donna   Heather   Laurie    Esther  and Patti.

12 comments:

Donna said...

What a striking card and great take on the sketch! I like this stamp but don't always know how to use it, thanks for the inspiration

Esther Asbury said...

This is a great guy-card, Shirley! The papers you chose compliment your tiger perfectly! Great take on the sketch!

joy said...

Oh... I like the way you have used this stamp! Great card!

loz said...

Fantastic tiger stamp and card Shirley. I am afraid I have dozens of stamps that have never been inked up..Loz

Joy Wilson said...

Such a pretty tiger! I love your layout too! This is perfect our anything goes challenge at Pattie's Creations. Be sure to join us again!
Hugs, Joy
Joyfully Stamps
Patties Creations Design Challenge

Patti J said...

Wow! This is incredible! Great masculine card, my friend! Thanks for sharing!

Heather said...

This is a perfect masculine card! Great stamp; it would be a bit intimidating to color, I think so leaving it uncolored is a great option!

Cheryl W said...

That's a very handsome tiger image. They are majestic animals, aren't they? Great masculine card. I need to build up my masculine card stash. It is very thin right now, so I appreciate all the great ideas (like this) that I see.

*Vicki* said...

That image is very stunning and I love him just heat embossed like that too! The embossed papers go perfectly with him along with the colors! Really great take on that sketch too! A wonderful masculine design my friend! HUGS

Laurie Unger said...

Wonderful use of your NBUS! That lion is wonderful - might need to get that!

Helen said...

A great card - thanks for joining us at the Crafty Friends Challenge.

Helen x

JanR said...

Great card! Perfect for our challenge. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.