Friday, April 30, 2010

Wonder and Joy


This is my 1st attempt at an "out of the box" technique using Labels 1 nestie. There is surely room for improvement and I have a couple more stamped and ready to color and cut so hopefully there will be improvement. I had so much fun making this card - thanks to my friend Pat who came over the other day and we did a little stamping together. I colored my little girl with copic markers, shaded the sky and shelf with a sponge and a q-tip in the tight spots. Used my ek success punch for the top border. I love using flowers, buttons and scrappers floss so I thought this would make this card complete. The saying is from a hostess set from Serendipity 10 but it was again perfect for this card. I think this will go to dear granddaughter this week.

6 comments:

Teresa Jenkins said...

This is just so cute! You did a wonderful job with the out of the box technique! I'm with you on the flower/button/floss combo, it is so neat!

Patti J said...

This turned out so cute! You are the out of the box queen in my humble opinion! Lol...I finally got to teach YOU something!

Chelsea said...

great card Shirley!

Laurie Unger said...

Darling! Greta job coloring her!

Unknown said...

I love this! I've yet to figure out how you did the "out of the box" technique using a nestie!

Alley said...

Nice card and layout Shirley