Monday, January 10, 2011

Southern Bell


Who remembers this beauty from years past??? In fact I think this was a set I got when I had my TAC party then decided to become an angel. She was so much fun to color with my copics (I found a really good coloring chart on Color Me Copics). This chart has taken some of the guess work out of combining colors for me. I used a Hero Arts lace doily (I am loving some of the retro style stamps out there), and fussy cut the southern belle out and place her with pop dots in the middle of the doily. I also added another layer with just the rose on her hat for added pop!! I then added just a bit of bling with small red pearls and Happy Valentines Day at the bottom. I am thinking this will probably go to my Chemo Angel, as I got a new one recently. After my little guy passed I felt like I just couldn't do another child just yet so I asked for an adult and I got a 55 year old with breast cancer so I am hoping this will bring a smile to her face. I am also putting together a clear bucket of red/pink goodies to send her too so I will post when I get it filled.

5 comments:

Patti J said...

Beautiful card, Shirley! Gosh, that doily looks REAL!!! Who'd ever guess that it's stamped? Wowzers! I was mistaking that stamp for something else - I don't remember this one. I think it's before my time. Your chemo patient will feel so loved and special when she receives it - have I ever told you what a good person you are? Hugs!

Trudy Osborn said...

I remember this set! You made such a pretty. pretty card with it! Love the doily stamp

Unknown said...

I remember this gal! I didn't "own" her but seen great things done with her. Love the doily, too!

Stef H said...

oh shirley! she is just beautiful! i've never seen her and she is gorgeous!

hope all is well. stay warm & toasty.

hugs :)

Teresa Jenkins said...

So pretty! Your coloring is wonderful, I've not seen her either, love it!