Wednesday, May 11, 2016

May 11, 2016 REPEAT IMPRESSIONS - Use your scraps



GOOD MORNING

Wow - can't believe that it is already the second week of May already - the oak trees in our woods have finally leafed out (thank heaven - so much pollen during this process) the garden is planted and growing nicely, grass is growing to the point that hubby is mowing twice a week.  So I thought this little rabbit was perfect for this weeks challenge which our team mate JOY selected  use your scraps.  I LOVE papers - cs, designer prints, paper pkgs. you name it, I will never in my lifetime run out of papers.  At one time I thought I would "get into" scrapbooking - so bought up a couple (okay more than a couple) of 12 x 12 scrap-booking pads.  I would use a snippet here and there and then have this left over beautiful pattern paper.  So I used  Ode to Spring 2605P  from REPEAT IMPRESSIONS  with the thought that this happy bunny was perfect for spring - and the scraps I had from  leftover 12 x 12 pattern papers.




I stamped him in cocoa memento ink and added some chalk brown to his body.  Colored the flowers with Spica glitter pens in the colors to match my papers.  Love the yippee saying I had in my die cut box and a perfect blue button to finish the card.  I'm sending this out to a chemo buddy that has "graduated" already but just wanted her to know I was still thinking about her.  

 Hoping you will create a card using our challenge of "use your scaps"  to enter our challenge over at
The House that Stamps Built.  You don't have to use Repeat Impressions stamps but if you do you will get an added bonus of an additional entry in the random drawing for a $25 Repeat Impressions gift certificate. HINT - take a peek over on my side bar and you will see a 10% discount on Repeat Impressions stamps.  We would love to see you create something.

Now why not go check out my DT team mates and see what they have created.
   
Cheri     Deonna      Joy      Kathy    Heather  Laurie    and   Patti 

Challenges:  Quirky Crafts - May flowers
                        Stamping Sensation - Anything Goes
                        CraftingFriends - In the Garden  
                        

9 comments:

Diane said...

Such a cute, happy card! I love the colors and the yippee. Have a happy day.

Laurie Unger said...

This is so cute!

Donna said...

This is adorable, and great use of paper scraps!

Cheryl W said...

Love the spring colors and happy image. We are getting lot of rain here - thank goodness my planting is also done. It's fun to watch things blossom and grow.

Unknown said...

Fabulous card, love the bunny and great card design. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Friends. Good luck in the draw. Jennifer DT member

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card, love eh bunny and the colours are great. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Friends. Hope to see you again and good luck in the draw. Jennifer DT member x

Heather said...

This is so cute!! That bunny definitely look like he is celebrating the arrival of spring. Love the papers (I mean, scraps) you used. Super fun layout, too.

Patti J said...

What a great way to use your scraps! Lol...I can vouch first hand for you couple of packs of patterned paper!

Sally H said...

A fabulous creation! Cute bunny! Thanks for joining us at Stamping sensations this month and good Luck!