Monday, May 02, 2016

May 2, 2016 - Tutorial Make your own stencil


GOOD MORNING

Filling in for a team mate today who asked for someone to take her week and I accepted the challenge without hesitation.  I saw this technique back in Dec. 2014 and after taking a look around Pintrest I discovered it is rather popular now.  Making your own stencil from punches/or dies.


Supplies used:
     Kraft cardstock     black cardstock
     Distress Inks in Black Soot, Pumice Stone and Tea Dye 
     Large sponge daubers
     Dog paw punch from Reflections
     Postage Stamp scissors
     Asst. Washi tapes
     Black Memento Ink
     Repeat Impressions Stamp 8116G Woof Mail 


  I applied my washi tape first so I would have a starting point for my paw prints.


I masked off the area to stamp with a post it note.


I punched out my paw print - I punched out 3 so I could use one for each color.


I then used my three distress inks to color in my stencil.  Word of caution here is to make sure you don't go off the edge of your cs that you have made into a stencil as you will get some unwanted color. I randomly stenciled my paw prints, some going off the page.


When you are satisfied with your special one of a kind design you can then color



Cut and then finish up your card.


Just let your imagination go and use your punches or dies and make your own one of a kind background for your special card.  

3 comments:

Laurie Unger said...

Darling! What a wonderful little technique. Thanks for sharing.

Donna said...

Darling card and great tutorial! So many more uses for my punches now!

Patti J said...

Love this card...one of my favorites of yours! Thanks so much for filling in for me. I owe you...again! Hugs!