Sunday, May 01, 2016

May 1, 2016 Acetate..or Vellum



GOOD MORNING

can you believe it is May already - just  few weeks ago a lot of us were experiencing snow, some even  in the last week or two.  Here in southern MO.  the trees are all leafing out, tulips have come and gone, and OH NO the pollen is really heavy.  Spring is the only time I have any problems with allergies.  Today over at House of Cards we are having a challenge of stamping on acetate or vellum


I chose to do my card on acetate - and had forgotten how striking the results were when you stamped. I used Staz-On on my acetate. I stamped the branch and flowers on white card stock added a dot of black with sharpie for my black centers.  On the acetate I use glossy accents to highlight the flower centers stamped my sentiment with Staz-on and held the acetate in place with eyelets.  Who doesn't have a huge collection of eyelets?   


So come join us over at House of Cards and post your creation using vellum or acetate.  

14 comments:

sue t. said...

I am reminded of the dogwoods that are in blossom every where here in Pa. Thanks for sharing a bit of spring on this cold and rainy Sunday!

Donna said...

Darling card Shirley, like how you stamped on the acetate and cardstock! Donna HOC Teammate

Michele K. Henderson said...

Love your card, Shirley! The colors are so light and fresh. Very cheerful and creative!
Take care!
Michele, HOC teamie

Diane said...

Pretty card. Love the use of acetate and the colors, and I'm so ready for Spring! Love the use of eyelets, haven't used them in a long time. That saying is so true, and something we often forget.

Laurie Unger said...

Awesome! I just found a pack of acetate that I'm going to have to play with. Thanks for the insprition.

craftysahmiam said...

Those eyelets are perfect for your simply pretty card ! Heather HOC DT

Cheryl W said...

Beautiful card, Shirley! I can almost smell the perfume of those blossoms.

Patti J said...

Wow! Looks so realistic! Beautifully done!

Katy said...

This is so pretty! I love how you stamped on the acetate. Love it! :) Big Hugs! Katy HOC DT :)

Rosmarie said...


Such a beautiful creation! Love the springlike colors and how clever you attached the acetat!
Hugs, Rosi HOC-DT

Mynn xx said...

Shirley, I adore this fabulous card! The spring branch is SO pretty--and I adore the dimension you created with just a sheet of acetate! Lovely creation, friend! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Lovely simple card :o)
Tina HOC teamie

Unknown said...

Beautiful and sweet card! thanks for sharing with us...Enjoy. Paula

Em Louise Fairley said...

Beautiful, Shirley. I love your colors.
Hugs,
Em, HOC teamie