Monday, April 11, 2016

April 11, 2016 Stamping on Fun Foam

GOOD MORNING

 This week it is my turn to do my "first tutorial" for REPEAT IMPRESSIONS and 
THE HOUSE THAT STAMPS BUILT   and I chose "How to Stamp on Fun Foam.  Below is a list of materials I used to start my project:

     Repeat Impressions stamps Happy Puppy 8104-I and a Dog loves you 8117-E
     Cuttlebug or other die cutting machine and dies
     White fun foam - I used 2mm thickness you can find this at almost any craft section of your
     favorite craft store or WalMart.    
     Dye ink - color of your choice - I used Memento Peanut Brittle
     Heat Gun


I die cut the form I was going to stamp on first - then using your heat gun - heat the fun foam until it becomes shiny - the edges will start to curl up - that is ok. 

  



Immediately stamp your image (no ink) on the fun foam using slightly more pressure than you would normally use when you stamp.  Let image sit on fun foam for a few seconds until the fun foam cools a little.  Remove stamp from fun foam.  



Take the dye ink color of your choice and swipe the ink pad over entire image and die cut form.  The more you swipe the darker it becomes.  Now - the hard part - set aside and let the ink dry complete before you continue to use it on your completed project.  




I used some stronger tape vs. sticky runner on the back of the fun foam for mounting my image on my DP - just to hold it a bit better.  Complete your card as you wish.  As you can see I added some small eyes from Crackerbox - and I think this puppy looks almost real. 





Have fun with this technique - you can use colored fun foam - different color inks, or a dazzle versa mark for some added interest.  I tried using the self adhesive fun foam and word of caution it did not work the backing came off when I used the heat gun.  





5 comments:

Donna said...

Fabulous card and great tutorial Shirley!

Anonymous said...

The dog does almost real. Great card and tutorial.
Used fun foam for stamping years ago. Marian

Pam Sparks said...

So cute and that foam looks like leather! Fabulous and thanks for the step by step Shirley!

Cheryl W said...

What a fun and clever idea. I can see this would be a great technique using snowflake stamps and white fun foam for a Christmas card.

Kathy S said...

Wow - this is so fun Shirley - great POTW!!