Wednesday, April 20, 2016

April 20,2016 Photo Inspiration



GOOD MORNING

Today is photo inspiration over at The House that Cards Built - and I truly believe that spring has finally arrived here.  The birds are singing, trees are budding and a lot of the spring flowers are showing their beautiful colors.  Our photo inspiration for this challenge is:

I always called these Easter flowers but I think they are really called daffodils.  Well I choose to use a stamp from REPEAT IMPRESSIONS with a vase of beautiful tulips.  


This beautiful stamp from REPEAT IMPRESSIONS is Vase of Flowers 1317-L.  I love to paper piece so I stamped the image on 3 different patterns/solid yellows from AMuse studio.  I then fussy cut them all out (except the leaves) and glued them to the image.  I colored the leaves with copic markers.  I used a Spellbinders scallop oval to mount my vase on and then some yellow/green sheer ribbon behind the oval. 

Hoping you will create a card using our photo inspiration to enter our challenge over at
The House that Stamps Built.  You don't have to use Repeat Impressions stamps but if you do you will get an added bonus of an additional entry in the random drawing for a $25 Repeat Impressions gift certificate. HINT - take a peek over on my side bar and you will see a 10% discount on Repeat Impressions stamps.  We would love to see you create something.

Now why not go check out my DT team mates and see what they have created.
   Cheri     Deonna      Joy      Kathy    Heather    and   Patti 



8 comments:

Kathy S said...

Love the use of the design paper for your stamped image Shirley - Beautiful.

Cheri said...

I love how you used this stamp for the inspiration, Shirley. It worked perfectly...it's gorgeous!

Diane said...

Beautiful card Shirley! I love the yellow, and perfect job coloring and paper piecing. Spring is on its way.

Patti J said...

Love this! It's even prettier in real life, too! Beautifully done!!!

Heather said...

Beautiful! Love your paper piecing. It must have taken you forever to cut out all the little tulips.

Anonymous said...

Pretty vase of tulips. Like the paper-piecing. Marian

Cheryl W said...

So pretty, Shirley! Love the paper piecing. This card is so bright and sunny, it makes me think of the beautiful spring days we've had of late. Sure hope they continue!

Laurie Unger said...

So bright and cheerful!