Wednesday, April 27, 2016

April 27,2016 Repeat Impressions Sketch Challenge

GOOD MORNING



Today is the 4th Wednesday of the month and that is "follow the sketch" Wednesday over at
The House that Stamps Built  .  Our sketch to follow is below.  


I enjoyed working with this sketch and I needed three Mothers Day cards so I just colored up these beautiful Daffodils 904L from REPEAT IMPRESSIONS . This was my favorite color combination that I watercolored - and again I was pleased with the way they turned out.  I also used the Sentiment 1137E Happy Mothers Day  In fact I liked the sketch so well I made two while I had all of my supplies out - especially since I needed 2 more Mothers Day cards.  One for dear daughter and one for sweet granddaughter who has two little ones.  




I stamped the sentiment on vellum and embossed in gold to make it pop just a bit more.  I had some fun May papers in a pack of DCWV that I have had for a long time and thought this fit my Mothers Day theme.  Fussy cut the daffodils and yes even between the leaves.  This one is going out to someone special (I can't mention who) so I hope she is happy with this.  I know she is a very special lady and I think the world of her.

Hoping you will create a card using our photo inspiration to enter our challenge over at
The House that Stamps Built.  You don't have to use Repeat Impressions stamps but if you do you will get an added bonus of an additional entry in the random drawing for a $25 Repeat Impressions gift certificate. HINT - take a peek over on my side bar and you will see a 10% discount on Repeat Impressions stamps.  We would love to see you create something.

Now why not go check out my DT team mates and see what they have created.
   Cheri     Deonna      Joy      Kathy    Heather   Laurie  and   Patti 


Challenges:
     Artistic Inspiration - anything goes 
     Craftyhazel pattern paper - use pattern paper
     Word Art Wednesday - anything goes 
     Jo's Scrap Shack - Mothers Day
     The Stamping Boutique - Mothers Day 
     Mod Squad - Mothers Day 




    

9 comments:

Donna said...

Gorgeous cards and water coloring Shirley! Especially like the second one, like the look of the saying on vellum.

Heather said...

These are both beautiful! I really like the first one with the bright colors and the fun, loopy border on the vertical strip.

Cheryl W said...

You've made two more fabulous cards, Shirley. Your daffodils are just beautiful, and your fussy-cutting between those leaves is amazing! I think the recipients are going to feel very special receiving these lovely, handmade cards.

Laurie Unger said...

Wonderful! Love your take on the sketch! I've got to go back later and add all the RS blogs. Day job is busy today.

Cheri said...

Fabulous cards, Shirley! I love how you got two different looks out of just one sketch and a common stamp. Awesome job!

Lisa Babitz said...

Both of your cards are lovely! Your daffodils are gorgeous, and you colored them beautifully! I love the papers you chose as well! Thanks for joining us over at the Mod Squad Challenge this week!

Heather said...

I should have checked your list of challenges entered. Thanks for playing along with Jo's Scrap Shack.

Karen Letchworth said...

Your art is always so sweet, Shirley. This is just so super lovely. Thank you so much for stopping by to share your wonderful art in our challenge. It's always such a blessing to have you play along, and I really hope you will stop by again soon. I appreciate your participation more than simple words can express.
God bless you,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Patti J said...

This was a great sketch, and I love how you used it! Sheer perfection!