Saturday, April 23, 2016

April 23, 2016 Tulips Happy Mothers Day


I have a few Mother's Day cards to get out this year and then my dear daughter asked me to make her one for her MIL.  She told me she was tired of sending so much $$$$ on store bought cards and sh really felt that MIL would love a handmade card.  I love this SU tulip - I don't even think it is still available but I have kept it- #1 I love tulips and #2 my daughter loves tulips.  I colored these tulips with my NEW watercolors - (went to Dick Blick's Art Supply) recently.  These watercolors were so easy to work with and I love the shading ability I had when using.  Fussy cut and popped them up on a scrap I had laying on my desk - (the script oval) as well as the beautiful shiny pink which I had run through my cuttlebug.  A few pearls added the softness of the card and this is ready to go in the mailbox to DD.  Yes DD enjoys crafting, stamping, etc. but she is always busy busy.  She gets a lot of my "done with" supplies.   

5 comments:

Cheryl W said...

I love tulips, too! In fact, I need to go and cut some from my flower bed today before the bunnies eat them all! I'm certain your daughter will be very proud to send this card to her MIL. It's so pretty, and I love the vellum label.

Diane said...

Beautiful card! I love the shiny pink cardstock. Great job with the new watercolors. She will love it.

Donna said...

This is absolutely stunning, loving every detail!

Laurie Unger said...

Lovely. All of our tulips are long gone now. Awesome card!

Patti J said...

Very pretty!